God's painting

God's painting

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Holy Thursday


Dear Lord, I know you want to wash my feet.
I know my fear, my resistance.
I'm not clean. I'm embarrassed to admit to myself all the ways I am dishonest, self-indulgent, negligent, defensive, and failing in my relationship with you, with others - failing to love.
Wash me. Let me accept, embrace, how your self-giving sets me free from my sin and offers to heal me.
By your being brokenand given, poured out and shared, make me whole.
Let my heart be freed of its anxiety and fear, its anger and lust.

Fill me with joy and peace, that I might give you praise.
Send me to wash, to forgive, to free, to nourish, to embrace and give life.
By your grace, may the poor know that your mandate has touched my heart and the hearts of the community whose celebration of your love sustains me.

No comments: